The official student newspaper of GWUOHS

GW Chronicle of the Yawp

GW Chronicle of the Yawp

GW Chronicle of the Yawp

French Students to Take Le Grand Concours Tomorrow

GWUOHS French students of all levels are set to take Le Grand Concours, a national French examination organized by the American Association of Teachers of French, tomorrow.

Participants will be competing with other students at their level across the country. The entirely multiple-choice test consists of one reading comprehension section and one listening comprehension section, and students are given thirty minutes to complete each part. 

After completing the test, participants may be given awards such as medals in platinum, gold and silver as well as honorable mention certificates depending on their overall percentile. 

French instructor Chelsea Brueder believes that this opportunity is unique because students lose nothing by participating. 

“I think it is a really great opportunity for French students,” Brueder said. “It is in no way linked to your grade in our class, so it can only benefit you to take the exam.”

The remotely proctored test will take place tomorrow at 11 a.m. EDT, and students can access it through their ClassConnect schedule.

Donate to GW Chronicle of the Yawp

Your donation will support the student journalists of George Washington University Online High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.