The official student newspaper of GWUOHS

GW Chronicle of the Yawp

GW Chronicle of the Yawp

GW Chronicle of the Yawp

Club Spotlight: the Performing Arts Club

In+this+edition+of+Club+Spotlight%2C+Aime%C3%A9+N+introduces+the+leaders%2C+goals%2C+and+activities+of+the+Performing+Arts+Club.+
Divya S
In this edition of Club Spotlight, Aimeé N introduces the leaders, goals, and activities of the Performing Arts Club.

Captivating performances, energetic dances, soul-touching music, and overall art is what the inspirational Performing Arts Club is all about. This multifaceted community does not limit itself to one branch of the extensive arts and welcomes all students interested in improving, developing, or practicing their artistic and creative nature.

This club is under the direction of Student Producer Grey H., Student Acting Company Director Rahmah H., and Student Instrumentalist Director Nikhil N. These leaders encourage students to join the cheerful club to explore the inner art they carry!

“Creativity brought to life by the students.”

— student leader Grey H.

The purpose of the club is to make our students shine and does so by organizing various performances throughout the school year for all students and staff members to enjoy. The big presentation usually takes place in fall, when all branches come together to offer the spectacle of the semester! But never worry about missing the spotlight, because the branches of actors, dancers, vocalists, and instrumentalists each have their moment to stand out in their independent presentations, called “cabaret performances” that occur in the spring, often coming together in collaborative shows that include just two branches.

In the past, this club has contributed to various school events, such as the Halloween assembly in 2022, where the vocalists performed “Monster Mash.” Additionally, the PAC makes an appearance at graduation each year, and their most recent performances have been “Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story” from Hamilton in 2021, “A Million Dreams” from The Greatest Showman in 2022, and “For Good” from Wicked in 2023.

Vocalists Evie S., Paige P., and Irene H. are pictured singing “Count on Me.” (Grey H)

In this community everyone has the opportunity to show to themselves, the audience, and their peers who they are and how they choose to express their soul through art. This is a safe environment where artists can grow and learn without judgment, have a good time with peers and friends, or just enjoy what they love to do!

Donate to GW Chronicle of the Yawp

Your donation will support the student journalists of George Washington University Online High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.