The official student newspaper of GWUOHS

GW Chronicle of the Yawp

GW Chronicle of the Yawp

GW Chronicle of the Yawp

GWUOHS Arts and Animations Club: Fall Newsletter

Starting off the new school year, the members of the Arts and Animations Club at GWUOHS have participated in challenges and shared their amazing art with other club members. Now, they’ll be sharing their art through the newspaper as we recap the first quarter of our school year. 

Each month, the club leaders of the A3 club share out a prompt for the members to create an art piece around. After the challenge has concluded, all members are invited to vote on the submitted art before a winner is chosen.

Our first prompt was our October challenge, where our members were encouraged to create a piece of art around the theme Cute but Creepy. This month, we challenged the members to combine both creepy and cute elements in their art, using their favorite medium(s) to create a piece inspired by this Halloween theme.

You can check out their submissions in the following video created and narrated by Doris W. The story, written by club members each month, was created by David E.

Doris W and David E

Our winner for this Cute but Creepy challenge is Kay E, who created the following wonderful digital art picture of a cute character with a scary twist!

Kay E. (2023). [Digital Artwork].

In addition to our monthly challenges, members are always encouraged to share their art with the newspaper. Below we have our Chronicle Comics, short comics created by A3 Club members.

Addison H. (2023). Artistic Process [Digital Artwork].

As our club moves into the second quarter of the school year, we’re looking forward to our December Challenge, where our members will be encouraged to create their own holiday sweater designs, as well as more art activities for the holiday season. The Arts and Animations Club thanks you for your interest in their creations! We encourage both members and non-members to step outside their comfort zone and create what they love, whether they choose to share their inspiring creations or keep them to themselves.

Donate to GW Chronicle of the Yawp

Your donation will support the student journalists of George Washington University Online High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.